All About Armonk

North Castle Daily News

Polite Open Discourse

November 15, 2014
Stories about the perils and accomplishments of our town residents include those of our government officials. Many of the topics that appear on allaboutarmonk.com are controversial. We have allowed the public to comment on certain stories, adding to the civil discourse. All comments will be considered, but allaboutarmonk.com reserves the right to not publish comments that are personal attacks. Simply put, comment on the content, not the person writing it. Comments seen here may not reflect the views of allaboutarmonk.com.

No soliciting, please.

Michelle Boyle

Armonk's CVS is set to open in Spring of 2014

Will you shop at Armonk's CVS? Please post yes or no only once, but feel free to post unlimited comments.

21 comments | Add a New Comment
1. Doug | December 17, 2013 at 10:17 PM EST

I am looking forward to the convenience and reasonable prices. I am tired of our local stores taking advantage of Armonk citizens with their monopolistic practices.

2. Brian | December 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM EST

Yes... I can't wait!

3. LT resident | December 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM EST

4. Harrison F. | December 18, 2013 at 06:32 PM EST

No. Are they renovating the whole area, with Made in Asia and Fernandos Pizza?

5. mbtw | December 18, 2013 at 06:41 PM EST

Definitely not. The employees at Town Center go above and beyond. I've been to the CVS once and it took an eternity to get a prescription filled.

6. Nicole | December 18, 2013 at 08:58 PM EST

How can this town have monopolistic prices when there about 27 other CVS's in neighboring towns? I've had nothing but pleasurable experiences at Town Center Pharmacy. The pharmacists will stay on the phone with my insurance company for extended periods of times just to rectify an issue and take the time to really explain any questions I have about the medications. I will not shop at CVS since the prices are comparable, and contradictory to what someone said before, their employees are quite unpleasant.

7. Bob | December 19, 2013 at 09:16 AM EST

Hooray! I'm so thrilled that CVS is moving in. We will have reasonable prices, multiple brands to choose from and more pleasant employees, and, we probably won't be scolded for trying to pick up a prescription that was called in 3 hours earlier. In addition, an empty store that is now an eyesore will be remodeled and put to good use.

And for those that are not aware, when Town Center pharmacy moved in, there was already a Pharmacy in town located at the corner of Main Street and Kent Place. Shortly thereafter that Pharmacy went out of business. So, the Town Center Pharmacy set the precedent for 2 Pharmacies in town......

8. Adam | December 19, 2013 at 02:02 PM EST

Speaking of town center pharmacy, a few months ago my 5 year old daughter had to use the restroom while my wife was shopping with her at the pharmacy.

They wouldn't let her use the bathroom and fought my wife tooth and nail on that.

they wont get a penny of my biz

9. Judy | December 20, 2013 at 07:24 AM EST

You all know how I feel about this, I'm sure. I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT in the CVS. CVS is one of the most unethical monolithic corporations in the world. They will not need to make a profit in this new location, therefore they will have cost or below cost prices. That's sure great for those of you who seem to have a genetic desire to find cheap toilet paper. Who knew your budgets hung in the balance over cheap toilet paper? It is also documented that they are unfair to their workers and frequently sell and restock out of date product.

Why can't you get it in to your heads that the very thing people love about this small town is the \\\mom and pop\\\ size stores. Big stores like CVS put local businesses in jeopardy. WAKE UP! As for Adam and his kid not being allowed in the bathroom, I flatly do not believe it. I would go so far as to say he is a liar and possibly a plant to stick it to Town Center Pharmacy.

10. DrugUser | December 20, 2013 at 03:46 PM EST

CVS has no place in Armonk. That's just for starters. We're a small town and need to maintain the small town feel. Whether you're pals with the people behind the counter or not, is not the issue. We need pharmacists who have knowledge (Town Center clearly does) and the discretion to be able to handle our personal issues -- and know what's going on.

CVS couldn't care less about the INDIVIDUAL. I want One-on-One care from people who CARE.

Pricing? Sometimes you have to pay a little more to get a lot more. Personally, TC's prices are largely comparable. And on the rare occasion they may not be, it's not wallet breaking.

11. Ronnie | December 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM EST

The Town Center where Abe the pharmacist goes out of his way to help you and know your name is what small town living is about. Be careful for what you wish for you just might get it. Here comes CVS what next??????

12. fran | December 22, 2013 at 09:04 PM EST

Absolutely not!!!! The service and cordiality at Town Center Pharmacy can never be found in CVS. I have always found Abe, Charlene, Don and the other pharmists to be wonderfully helpful and knowledgable , and they have always gone the extra step for me. I cannot believe that this service could ever be topped.

13. Longtime Resident | December 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM EST

Probably not. I love the Town Center pharmacy - but have never had a prescription filled there because their hours are inconvenient for me, and I have no idea what their prices are. I used to go to CVS in Mt. Kisco or Thornwood, but I had serious errors with my prescription. When the A+P closed, I started grocery shopping at Stop Shop in North White Plains and found their pharmacy to be very fast and convenient. Their OTC, health and beauty products are comparable to CVS prices so that's where I shop now.

Funny with all the complaining about high prices, I didn't hear anyone clamoring for a Shoprite or Aldo to come into town instead of DeChiccos - a lovely store with great customer service but very expensive. Or anyone who'd rather have a Dunkin Donuts instead of Tazza.

14. Time will tell | December 23, 2013 at 03:41 PM EST

Yes - I will shop at CVS as the hours are more convenient and the selection greater( I don't see price as the big motivator). That aside, the main benefit from my point of view is that eyesore of a building and parking lot are now being redone and can add to the beauty of the Town. Sometimes change is good.......time will tell if this was a good thing for our Town.

15. Geri | December 30, 2013 at 03:07 PM EST

Have mixed feelings about this. I'm glad for finally the empty building to be filled and the parking lot fixed and also business to return for the remaining tenants. I am very fond (yes, I am not ashamed to admit it) of Fernando -- he has been quite good to me over these many years--delivering personally when I've been stuck at home alone. I hate to see his business decline these many months. Made in Asia is also a delightful establishment with good food.

As for Towne Center Pharmacy -- I have had mixed experiences. Prices are high for me so I don't shop for extras as much as I might have or used to in the old CVS location in Bedford Hills. A few years ago I still had prescriptions at NWP CVS and I would always get calls/updates --when renewals were needed or order was refilled. At Towne Center where I finally moved my remaining prescriptions I usually have to go chasing with phone calls to see if there was a problem or a status update. And the hours are not great. Arrived at 5:01 PM one Saturday a week or so ago and we saw people in the store still with lights on and we knocked but were not let in. Closing at 5:00 PM Saturdays and 3:00 PM Sundays is not very helpful.

I grew up in \Small Town\ Armonk and I appreciate home-grown stores so I don't know what will happen or who will have the better customer service -- but isn't that what good business survival counts on? I will go out of my way for stores/staff that are helpful and go out of their way for me ...that breeds my loyalty. Oh yea, and easy access, too!

16. Linda | March 28, 2014 at 02:28 PM EDT

Geri's analysis quite cogent. But I am a supporter of sole proprietor or small business owners generally, unless the hours are inconvenient or the prices vastly higher.

17. Phyllis | June 05, 2014 at 10:26 AM EDT

I am reading the above comments and I am having a good laugh....its about time that there is a store in Armonk with reasonable prices not all residents in town have high incomes, we have DeCicco's which is expensive, the salad place the new yogurt place, Country Kitchen, Tazza all over priced for food you can get anywhere. I will happily and gladly shop at CVS never had an issue with CVS that I have shopped in the past. It will be wonderful if you need medicine or over the counter medication and not to have to go to Mt. Kisco or Thornwood late at night. Hooray, finally us seniors could now get good service and good prices for the products that we need.

18. AJ | June 05, 2014 at 04:46 PM EDT

We absolutely cannot wait to shop at CVS and are greatly looking forward to it. There has been a monopoly in this town on pharmacies, and it has been abused by the owners. We need more competition and fairness, less complacency and greed.

19. Al | July 11, 2014 at 12:31 PM EDT

I am very excited for CVS to open. I have two small children and I am tired of having to go to CVS in Mount Kisco on a Sunday afternoon, if I need medicine for them, because Town Center Pharmacy closes at 3pm. Competition is the foundation of a free market system.

20. Barry | September 08, 2014 at 08:38 PM EDT

I will shop at CVS but only for photos and grocery items that are cheaper than DeCiccos. Town Centre is fine with me.

21. Johnny Tutia | November 17, 2014 at 09:09 AM EST

Do some price comparisons between Towne Center Pharmacy and CVS. Towne Center Pharmacy is CHEAPER. CVS is a rip off. And the prescriptions are basically the same price. Support the local stores - not the big national chains!

Add a New Comment

(Enter the numbers shown in the above image)