Town Clerk Anne Curran Will Not Seek Re-Election
Town Clerk Anne Curran announced on Wednesday, March 11, that she will not seek re-election in November.
“My decision is based on what is best for me and my family and to have the opportunity to explore and pursue other career opportunities.”
“I have truly enjoyed serving the residents of North Castle for nearly 12 years. I am grateful for the varied experiences the Clerk’s Office has afforded me including opportunities to improve public access to Town Government and help residents stay informed about Town services and community news.”
“During the balance of my term I am committed to fulfilling my responsibilities while preparing for a smooth transition and assisting in any way I can to preserve the integrity and efficiency of the Town Clerk’s Office.”
Curran was appointed Deputy Town Clerk in June, 2003 and served six years in that position before she was appointed Town Clerk in December, 2009 when former Town Clerk, Ann Leber, retired. Curran ran for office in 2010, winning all eleven voting districts. In 2011, she was unopposed and elected to her current four-year term.
Town Clerk Anne Curran's accomplishments have been extensive during her tenure:
- Managed two redesigns of the Town website. (2004 and 2013)
- Led the Cable Advisory Committee in successful negotiations to establish a new Verizon FIOS franchise agreement and renegotiated long-expired Cablevision franchise agreements. These franchise agreements provided grant dollars which funded the equipment and operations of the first Town cable channel – NCTV. (2007-2008)
- Worked to establish the Communications Committee and actively participates in the Committee’s work. Supervises two part-time consultants in the development of electronic communications and technical operations. (2009-present)
- Led the search for and implementation of an electronic platform to cablecast Town and Planning Board meetings live and web stream on-demand. (2010)
- Developed the integration of the Town’s cable system and website to provide direct web access to meeting agenda topics with supporting documents. (2011)
- Campaigned for an audit of Cablevision franchise fees which resulted in re-payment of over $70,000 to the Town. (2013)
- Secured a NYS Archives Grant and completed a full review of all Town records to improve the records management program. (2013)
- Currently working on a comprehensive review of Town Code to identify conflicts and inconsistencies and update and improve language. (2012-present)